Getting Volunteers together:
In Scotland, volunteers get together for a Thursday virtual lunch to bring volunteers together and chat about issues and challenges. As part of this, the wider Volunteer Support Team are asking volunteers to join us on the first Thursday of the month as we gate crash Scotland’s meeting! Join via Teams here: Click here to join the meeting
Also in Scotland, Corporate cards are proactively shared with members outside Scotland- this is great for members!
- The Northwest is trialling a Theatre focused, monthly newsletter to negate the need for dozens of Eshots. The events are advertised Region-wide and open to all, but it is made clear in what city/area each event is based.
- There has been an issue recently with venues sending PDF tickets rather than hardcopy ones. These can be time-consuming to separate and send around to members. NW is using screenshots and Adobe PDF Editor to help this.
- Events to support local businesses well-liked by members.
- Joint events with DA's are fostering good relations- sharing the load!
- Cross Area/Regional co-operation (e.g. to fill coach trips Wales/NWest)
- In NEY, Areas are encouraged to think creatively about running "free" events. Great for engagement
- Wales recently held Life coaching workshops/webinars organised for 500+ members. This was national but organised by wales.
- N West Members can "bid" for an event to be considered in Manchester, helping to spark their interest in volunteering. They are then supported by the area and VTL to get their event off the ground
- Consider ‘Job share’ which can help to fill vacant volunteer positions
- Local mentoring of new volunteers/postholders works well
- Local/Regional Facebook pages help support events/comms. Use not only to advertise but also to share pictures, and drum up excitement!
- North West has a consolidated Facebook page, run by one person. This shares events and offers all over the region and means each message goes to a larger group.