We've got your back
Every year we organise, run and look after thousands of events, games and sports.
Inspiring our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy is a vision we share with everyone who helps bring our experiences to life.
At the heart of our mission ‘to provide affordable sports and leisure experiences and health and wellbeing benefits to public sector employees’ will always be the safety of our members, participants, volunteers and staff.
Our promise to you
We will always assess our activities and offerings to ensure they are as safe as possible. With the help of our dedicated team of volunteers, we will risk assess each activity and put in place appropriate measures to help everyone stay safe, while having fun.
We need your help
We believe that health and safety is a team sport, which everyone can contribute to and everyone can win at. And works best when we all pull in the same direction.
Whenever you attend an event or experience, please familiarise yourself with any safety notices or instructions given to you. Keep your ears open and your eyes peeled for any rules, regulations or risks. And above all use your common sense. If you’re not sure it’s better to check with one of our officials. When it comes to health and safety, there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
Better safe than sore knee
Above all we want you to have a great time exploring the diverse range of fun and exciting activities we offer, again and again for years to come.
General health & safety statement
Our policy at CSSC is to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation to ensure we provide adequate control of health & safety risks arising from our activities.
- We aim to minimise the number of safety related incidents by providing all employees with the appropriate equipment, information, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure they are competent to do their work.
- CSSC will maintain safe and healthy working conditions and provide and maintain work equipment used as part of routine work activities.
- CSSC recognises and accepts their duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to the company, including contractors and temporary employees, as well as any members of the public who might be affected by our activities.
- Whilst the management of CSSC will do all that is within its powers to ensure the health and safety of its employees, it is recognised that health and safety at work is the responsibility of each and every individual associated with the organisation.
- The establishment of a sound health and safety culture is dependent on the active involvement of all CSSC personnel in order for us to continually improve our health and safety performance, therefore we engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health & safety matters and provide advice and supervision on occupational health.
- It is the duty of each employee to take reasonable care of their own and other people's welfare. It is therefore the responsibility of every individual associated with the company to report immediately any situation, which could jeopardise the wellbeing of themselves or any other person. To co-operate with us to enable CSSC to meet our statutory health and safety requirements; Not to misuse or interfere with anything provided by CSSC in the interests of health and safety.
- CSSC will provide sufficient resources to ensure that this policy is effectively carried out and will review it and the way it has operated on an annual basis.