Weymouth Area Association Treasurer
Date first listed: 29th October 2021
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Weymouth Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area.
For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training and support will be provided by CSSC’s finance team.
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 1-2hrs per week, with attendance to include at least 5 meetings per year and the AGM which is held in March. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions
- Make prompt payment of all bills and invoices received
- Obtain necessary authorisation from another officer before making payments
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Weymouth Area Association
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Natalie Parry
Skills and abilities:
- It would be desirable (but not essential) that you have experience of keeping accounts/book keeping or are confident with finances
- Effective organisational and communicational skills
- Able to access the CSSC Weymouth Treasurer Email account, and a general knowledge of IT (particularly MS Excel) would be ideal
- You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area
- You may wish to recruit an Assistant Treasurer to support your duties
For more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Natalie Parry on 07903 281957 or send an email.
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Plymouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area. This is...Read more
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Bournemouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference...Read more
The Cotswolds Area Association are looking to recruit a new Membership Secretary (Volunteer). This role requires the individual to assist with administration specifically relating to membership within the diverse number of affiliated sports clubs, and also helping to promote and develop the recruitment of new CSSC members. This is a...Read more