Walking Event Organiser – Exeter & Torbay
Date first listed: 2nd August 2021
CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e., social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways.
CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to start up and support an Area walking group.
More about the role of a Walking Event Volunteer
- Setting up online events, setting tasks or activities for others and supporting them to take part
- Welcoming people to take part
- Maintaining regular events and contact with those who join in
- Leading and managing the group or activity at the allotted time
- Making sure the activity is welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe-and of course in line with government guidelines.
- Using the CSSC website to advertise events. Also, on our Facebook page or Twitter.
What amount of time should I expect to dedicate?
This really depends on what you’d like to do- it could be a one-off event you’d like to try, or a weekly club/group activity, or it might be something that you set up, but then people can just take part in whenever they like. The main thing is we’d like you to do something you’d enjoy - and you can give as much or as little time as you like to fit in with your life.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest in walking and the confidence to share it online
- A can-do attitude
- Good computer skills- and the means and equipment to enable you to volunteer remotely
- Good organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the events are successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities:
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Walking Event Volunteer is clearly enthusiasm for inspiring others to get involved! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about walking practices and able to use social media.
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to support others- to know that you are contributing to others wellbeing.
- Opportunity to share your skills and knowledge
- Boost your own wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
Are you looking to get more involved with CSSC in your local area? Are you enthusiastic about trying new things and engaging with people? CSSC in the Bournemouth Area are looking for volunteers to support with organising events and activities and finding great local offers to benefit our members. Event Organisers...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for netball and organising mini competitions? If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure! CSSC is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. ...Read more
The Cotswolds Area Association are looking for a Leisure Event Organiser (volunteer) to assist with the planning, and running of future leisure events and trips for local members and their families. If you like planning activities, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to demonstrate and build your skills in...Read more