Wales Region - Social Media and Communications Officer
Date first listed: 21st July 2021
The role of the Social Media & Communications Officer is to be the liaison between the Wales Regional Team and the members, other regional volunteers and other relevant partners with a view to widening awareness of its activity and developments.
Current tasks include
- Raising the profile of the Wales Region and working collaboratively with Head Office staff and other partners.
- Develop, implement and make best use of Social Media to inform members and enable volunteers to communicate more effectively.
- Generating interest for Regional promotions, events, taster days etc.
- Attending Regional and other appropriate meetings as and when required.
- Liaising with Regional Sports Partnership Officer to promote events, publish results & reports of events.
- Producing information for inclusion in Electronic Newsletters and Leisure scene
- Develop, implement and make best use of Social Media to inform members and enable volunteers to communicate more effectively
- Assist the Regional Board with updating the Wales Region communications strategy.
- Have a sound understanding of data security and CSSC Policy and Procedure
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to write interesting and informative articles.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the internet, email and social media platforms
- Although not essential, it would be helpful to have a good working knowledge of the CSSC
What support is available?
Support from the Wales Regional Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. Support from the Wales Region’s Volunteer Team Leader in Wales (Jon Bunyan) and CSSC Staff based in Head Office
Your time and expenses
The term of the role is Annually Co-opted to the Regional Executive Committee.
On average 2 hours per week, as well as attendance at monthly meetings. The Wales Region will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled persons?
Yes. CSSC with all its constituent groups fully supports the principles and the spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
Benefits of volunteering
CSSC volunteering is not only rewarding it can also be enjoyable, sociable, and a boost to self-confidence.
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please contact Jon Bunyan Volunteer Team Leader via email.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Cardiff, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing. Elected at:Association Annual General Meeting Who will I report to?Association Chair and Association...Read more
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full...Read more
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area. This...Read more