Volunteer Health & Wellbeing Champion – Eastern Region
Date first listed: 19th November 2020
At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy and to help us achieve this, Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront.
Across the public sector and within government departments, designated staff engage in Health and Wellbeing activity frequently and independently, we are looking to bring this passion and expertise together, connecting people with shared interests, goals and objectives to share information and ideas to promote better Health and Wellbeing to members in the workplace.
The purpose of this role is to explore and promote opportunities for members to get involved with, whilst connecting people and upholding CSSC’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity. As this is a new volunteer role, there is ample scope to develop and evolve it with the full support of Regional Team.
Covid-19 has given us all a new challenge which brings with it some new opportunities. Health and wellbeing is at the forefront of keeping a version of normal that people are comfortable with delivering. This role will require some planning and consideration for new ways of working, socialising and interacting. You will be able to utilise your own experiences to help our members stay engaged, involved and active – whether virtually or in person (depending on current Government guidelines).
What will I be doing?
- Develop a network of CSSC members who have an interest in promoting Health and Wellbeing activity within their workplace using social media
- Work with the Regional Comms Officer to identify and promote a calendar of attractive events e.g. 10ks, Half Marathons, Tough Mudders, Survival of the Fittest and any other relevant physical activity (Swim, Run, Ride, Stride) in Eastern that are relevant to CSSC Subsidy schemes in line with current government guidance
- Promote and encourage members involvement in virtual events, things such as mindfulness sessions, virtual art classes and music therapy to name a few
- Actively promote the ‘Physical Activity Fund’, ‘Active Wellbeing Week’ and ‘Active Mindfulness’
- Work with members of Eastern Region Team to agree incentive and promotion of selected activities through social media, CSSC website, Workplace Engagement Champions (WEC’s) and Area Association networks
- Attend meetings in the Eastern Regional area (usually no more than monthly)
- Be involved in the organisation of the annual Eastern Regional Conference, and to run a session on Health and Wellbeing
What skills do I need?
- Innovative – we want to give this role a chance to grow and flourish with new and interesting ideas
- Proactive mind-set
- Passionate about promoting health and wellbeing to colleagues and CSSC members
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with a variety of people
- Good IT skills and proficient with the variety of social media platforms we utilise
Benefits of Volunteering with CSSC
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Opportunities to meet new people and make new friends
- Training and experiences to help strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to obtain references for employment reviews
- Opportunities to build a network of contacts to support your role
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
- Be part of something great
We envisage this role will require around three hours per week time commitment, you will receive full support from your Regional Volunteers, as well as your Volunteer Team Leader and various others with specific knowledge relevant to the role, all reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
For more information about this volunteering vacancy please contact Lucy Vizor on 07384 892573 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy, to help us achieve this, the Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the public...Read more