Vice Chair | West Yorkshire
Date first listed: 17th February 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local CSSC volunteer team? Are you well organised? Do you enjoy meeting new people and are you a natural leader? West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Vice Chair to give support to the Chair and help lead the local CSSC volunteer team.
- To support the Chair in the overall general management, and decision making for West Yorkshire Area Association
- To communicate with fellow committee members and to keep Area Association Officers up to date
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to West Yorkshire Area
- To Chair meetings when required and assist with organising/delivering AGM
Skills and abilities
- Good team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- IT literate
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm:
- 'Organiser goes free' policy on events (terms apply)
- Build a new network of friends and contacts
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
- Training opportunities
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
Your time and expenses
Full training and support will be provided, and volunteer hours may vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid. In terms of the commitment required, you will be required to attend monthly meetings, and liaise between meetings via email etc.
For more information about this volunteering vacancy please send us an email.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 140,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part-funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in-store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2,000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.
- Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
- Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
- Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
- Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
Overview If you are well organised and a good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Assistant Secretary to provide support to...Read more