Treasurer - Exebay Area
Date first listed: 2nd March 2022
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? If you are looking to be part of a friendly team, developing and sharing your skills with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of it’s members at heart, then we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! Exebay Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team in supporting the financial management of the Area.
For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training and support will be provided by CSSC’s finance team and Volunteer Team Leader Natalie Parry.
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 1-2hrs per week, with attendance at least 6 meetings per year and the AGM which is held in March. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions
- Make prompt payment of all bills and invoices received
- Obtain necessary authorisation from another officer before making payments
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Weymouth Area Association
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader (VTL), Natalie Parry
Skills and abilities:
- It would be great if you have some experience of keeping accounts/book keeping or are confident with finances
- Effective organisational and communicational skills
- Able to access the CSSC Exebay Email account, and a general knowledge of IT (particularly MS Excel) would be ideal
- A good decision maker, with willingness to work as part of a team and delegate tasks if necessary
- You may wish to recruit an Assistant Treasurer to support aspects of the role, this can be discussed with the VTL.
For more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Natalie Parry on 07903 281957 or send an email.
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in communication and social media? Have you a talent for keeping people informed, presenting engaging information and supporting others? If you are you looking to be part of a team, opening up networking possibilities by helping to promote exciting initiatives that support...Read more
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Bournemouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? If you are looking to be part of a friendly team, developing and sharing your skills with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of it’s members at heart, then we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! Taunton Area Association...Read more