Treasurer | Cardiff Area Association
Date first listed: 27th January 2021
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Cardiff Area Association are looking for a new team of volunteers to join their volunteer group and lead and administer the financial management of the Area.
Cardiff is the biggest area association in Wales and with a wide range of activities and offerings we need 2/3 volunteers to manage the day to day running and a management of the annual grant and distribution of funds in the form of rebates, subsidies and allocation of funds across the activity program.
For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training and support will be provided by CSSC’s finance team.
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 8 hrs per week, with attendance to include at least 5 meetings per year and the AGM which is held in March. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
The area are looking to appoint a team to manage the finances.
Responsibilities of the lead treasurer:
- Bank account and day to day processes
- Paying for trips, theatre seats etc,
- Communication with HO, dealing with member queries and
- End of year accounts and arranging audit
- Take a lead role in the administration of the “Nutickets” internal booking system for activities and events.(Full Training will be provided)
- Lead signatory on the association bank account
The lead role would need an approximate commitment of 4-5 hours per week
The supporting role(s) / assistant treasurer responsibilities would be:
- Administration and payment of rebate and subsidy claims.
- If there was more than one assistant an agreement between the two would be reached on the administration and management of this process and system.
- Play a team role with the administration and management of the “Nutickets” internal booking system for activities and events. (Full Training will be provided)
- Second / third signatory on the association bank account.
The assistant role(s) would need an approximate commitment of 4-5 hours per week
Key requirements of the overall team:
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions
- Make prompt payment of all bills and invoices received
- Obtain necessary authorisation from another officer before making payments
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Cardiff Area Association
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Jon Bunyan
Skills and abilities:
- It would be desirable (but not essential) that you have experience of keeping accounts/book keeping or are confident with finances
- Effective organisational and communicational skills
- Able to access the CSSC Cardiff Treasurer Email account, and a general knowledge of IT (particularly MS Excel) would be ideal
- Necessary IT equipment will be provided for your to fulfil the role(s)
Find out more
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email email@example.com with a statement outlining how you think your skills and experience could help the administration of the CSSC Cardiff Team, we look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to know more about the role, the current Treasurer would be happy to discuss the role and any questions you may have. If you have any question please email Gordon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Mid & West Glamorgan, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing.Elected at:Association Annual General MeetingWho will I report to?Association...Read more
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Cardiff, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing. Elected at:Association Annual General Meeting Who will I report to?Association Chair and Association...Read more
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full...Read more