Southern Region - Volunteer Centurions
Date first listed: 6th April 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of CSSC and play a key role in its history?
Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members our Centenary as the driver?
If so we may have the role for you!
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events.
Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to enjoy new experiences. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member. CSSC South are actively seeking members to become Volunteer Centurians.
Why we need you
We're thrilled to be celebrating our centenary year in 2021 through to 2022. To mark this momentous occasion we're taking time to explore our vibrant history and we need your help so that we can leave a legacy for the next 100 years! We would like you to volunteer and play a part in our inspiring story.
What will I be doing?
There are 3 key tasks we would like volunteers to take on – just one or all 3 – it’s up to you!
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the CSSC 100 events within the Region.
- Support the Podcast Recordings that are capturing the history of select members and volunteers
- Support and help local Areas to research their CSSC History.
Other tasks could include:
- Promoting events through social media and your network of contacts
- Attend meetings within the Region
- Each role will require approx. 3 hours per week for email enquiries and correspondence and/or activities including meetings etc. This could vary and would be at the discretion of the volunteer as to how you fulfil your duties
What skills do I need?
- You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for working with people
- Previous experience in organising events is desirable but not essential
- Innovative – You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and help to deliver successful events
- Have a reasonable knowledge of how CSSC works to promote health and wellbeing to colleagues and CSSC members
- Organised and efficient with the ability to maintain records of activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with members and volunteers across the region (help and guidance will be given)
- Good IT skills
What benefits and support can I expect?
- An induction and full training will be provided via your local Volunteer Team Leader and guidance from our CSSC Centenary Executive, Hedley Featherstone.
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources and set up and promote an event
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to CSSC Centenary year
- Out of pocket expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of the Sport and Leisure sector
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
How to apply
All interested parties should email Chris Edge, stating their experience and anything you feel will be relevant to the role or for an informal chat call 07958 966458.