South Yorkshire | Communications Officer and Prize Draw Administrator
Date first listed: 12th July 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the South Yorkshire Area are looking for a new committee member to support their communications with members and administrate their prize draws using our online system.
The role of a Communications Officer is to be the liaison between the South Yorkshire Area Association and the members, other area volunteers and other relevant partners with a view to widening awareness of its activity and developments. In addition to ensuring excellent communications, this role will also be responsible for keeping track of and maintaining accurate records of the South Yorkshire Area Prize Draws.
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the South Yorkshire area association communicates with its members. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and full training and support will be provided.
The main parts of this role are:
- Raising the profile of the South Yorkshire Area Association and working collaboratively with Head Office staff and other partners.
- Generating interest for area promotions, events, taster days etc
- Making sure that the area information on the internet, is kept up to date
- Attending area and other appropriate meetings as and when required.
- Ensuring that South Yorkshire Area members have a clear awareness and understanding of the range of benefits available to them
- Liaising with other volunteers to promote events, publish results & reports of events
- Producing information for inclusion in Electronic Newsletters and Mailshots utilising the CSSC Communication Process
- Develop, implement and make best use of Social Media to inform members and enable volunteers to communicate more effectively
- Provide administrative support of the South Yorkshire Area Association Prize Draws
- Have a sound understanding of data security and CSSC Policy and Procedure
- Liaise with the Head Office Event Team and your local Volunteer Team Leader, Katie Bradshaw
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to write interesting and informative content
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the internet, email and social media platforms
- Access to a computer.
Skills and abilities
What are we looking for?
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- A good working knowledge of social media
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
In exchange for your ideas, commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to discover more of your local area
- Boost your wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
Your time and expenses
The Area Association meets once every eight weeks. In addition to attending these meetings, it is anticipated that this role would require between one to two hours of a volunteers time per week. However, this time commitment will vary week to week. Full support will be provided.
Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Overview If you are well organised and a good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Assistant Secretary to provide support to...Read more
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local CSSC volunteer team? Are you well organised? Do you enjoy meeting new people and are you a natural leader? West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Vice Chair to give support to the Chair and help lead the...Read more