South East - Ten Pin Bowling Organisers
Date first listed: 6th April 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Ten Pin Bowling and organising mini competitions?
Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members using Ten Pin Bowling as the driver?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events.
Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to enjoy new experiences. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member. CSSC South East are actively seeking a Regional Organiser to assist the development and delivery of Ten Pin Bowling within the CSSC Sports and Leisure South East Region programme.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Ten Pin Bowling within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering the regional event/s.
Like all CSSC nationally supported activities, CSSC is keen for Ten Pin Bowling to attract new and growing levels of interest throughout the membership.
The Regional Events Coordinator and Volunteer Team Leader will be pleased to work with and support the successful applicant. This support will include specific services provided by the event team as well as acting as a conduit to other head office departments such as marketing, volunteer support and recognition etc. A full volunteer induction programme is available to the successful applicant.
So, if you’re interested in developing Ten Pin Bowling opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main duties & responsibilities
- Researching and selecting a venue.
- Submit a budget to the regional coordinator
- Devise playing schedule for the event
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments prior to the event and on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website
- Act as a principal contact for regional issues relating to Ten Pin Bowling
- Actively assist in publicising the event, providing contacts to the Regional Events Coordinator Team and encouraging members to play.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A ‘Can do’ and 'Will do' attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about Ten Pin Bowling
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within the membership
- Help increase participation within CSSC Ten Pin Bowling and secure its long term future
- Put back into the sport some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will provide you with relevant training to support you in this role
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/ responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
Your time and expenses
Attendance at the CSSC Regional Event. This will equate to 1 to 2 days per annum. Further time will be required for planning purposes.
Expenses will be reimbursed by CSSC South East based on CSSC T&S policy and on submission of valid receipts.
How to apply
All interested parties should email Chris Edge, stating their experience and anything you feel will be relevant to the role or for an informal chat call 07958 966458.
Overview CSSC Darts are actively seeking a Regional Organiser to assist the development and delivery of Darts within the CSSC Sports and Leisure South East Region programme. The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Darts within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering the regional event/s. Like all...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Pool and organising mini competitions? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members using Pool as the driver? If...Read more
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area being run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local-sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers...Read more