South East Region - Secretary
Date first listed: 7th April 2021
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role.
You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy being part of the team.
Well if this is you? You can be! All you need to do it click below, tell us you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
This exciting role has just become available and we want to hear from you!
Our Regional Teams play an important role supporting the work of CSSC across the UK. Providing a focal point for many local CSSC volunteers to network and share good practice, enabling them to discuss and engage with the strategic plans for the organisation.
The South East Team are looking for a Secretary who is well organised, committed and capable. Working alongside likeminded and committed volunteers who are progressive in their outlook and value the support they give to a sociable and inclusive community of members. Enabling them the opportunity to improve and enjoy their health and wellbeing.
- Organise and provide administrative support to meetings i.e. take and circulate minutes and agendas and keep the team on track.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a point of contact for communication and correspondence
- Take a lead role in the organisation of the annual regional conference
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- Use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to CSSC South and South East Region
- In conjunction with the South East Team, manage a program of events that is accessible to all
- Attend meetings and events representing the South East Team
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to support CSSC members and the vision and values of the organisation
Skills and abilities
- Have experience of working with Microsoft Word is essential
- Effective organisation and communication skills
- You will need to be able to access the CSS South East mail account, and a knowledge of IT would be useful
- You should have a strong commitment to the role, the Team and CSSC and an enthusiasm to drive actions forward.
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 5-6 hrs per month, meetings take place maximum once a month and there is an regional conference usually held in the Autumn. Support and guidance will be given. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
How to apply
For more information about this volunteering vacancy please email Chris Edge or for an informal chat please call 07958 966458.
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Hastings City Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management...Read more
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy...Read more