South and Southeast Region Chairperson
Date first listed: 19th January 2021
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role.
You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy being part of the team.
Well if this is you? You can be! All you need to do it click below, tell us you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
This exciting role has just become available and we want to hear from you!
Our Regional Teams play an important role supporting the work of CSSC across the UK. Providing a focal point for many local CSSC volunteers to network and share good practice, enabling them to discuss and engage with the strategic plans for the organisation.
The South and Southeast Team are looking for a leader who is focused and forward thinking. Working alongside likeminded and committed volunteers who are progressive in their outlook and value the support they give to a sociable and inclusive community of members. Enabling them the opportunity to improve and enjoy their health and wellbeing.
- Be able to inspire and lead with tact, diplomacy and confidence
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be confident to chair meetings and represent the Region at local and national events
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- Use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to CSSC South and Southeast Region
- In conjunction with the South and Southeast Team, manage a program of events that is accessible to all
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to support CSSC members and the vision and values of the organisation
Skills and abilities
- Have experience managing strategically
- Effective organisation and communication skills
- You will need to be able to access the CSSC South and Southeast email account, and a knowledge of IT would be useful
- You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Region
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 5-6 hrs per month, meetings take place maximum once a month and there is an regional conference usually held in the Autumn. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Closing date Friday 26th February 2021.
Overview Imagine it’s the summer of 2021. You and your volunteer team are preparing to help the CSSC Centenary Relay travel through South & South East. Since late early 2019 a project plan has been coming together. Events have been planned for over a year and this is a chance for...Read more
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. Southampton Area Association...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Leeds Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Area. For this role- although you do need to have knowledge of Excel...Read more