North West Region - Secretary
Date first listed: 2nd June 2021
All CSSC members are eligible to volunteer with us. For membership details please visit www.cssc.co.uk
Ever wondered about getting more involved with CSSC? Here’s a great opportunity!
Are you someone who is looking to boost your CV or create career opportunities within admin and communications? Are you organised, conscientious with proven skills and confident with Microsoft Office and Facebook? Are you looking for something new and interesting?
If so, why not be a part of a CSSC North West Team as we move forward with supporting volunteers, developing sport and physical activity and sharing good practice.
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers and positively promotes health and well-being. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events. Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to enjoy new experiences.
The North West Regional Team are looking for a Secretary (volunteer) to support the running of the region. The North West Regional Team are a really friendly group of people who try hard to deliver great activities and events for members in The North West. The committee is looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to join the volunteer team in The North West as Secretary, supporting other volunteers and helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing.
Skills and abilities:
What are we looking for in a Secretary? Well the main thing we need is enthusiasm and a drive to make things great for our members, but we’d also love our volunteers to:
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- Be friendly, with effective organisational skills, a good communicator.
- You should be able to reliable, honest and sensitive to the needs of others
- A basic knowledge of IT would be useful, and the ability to access CSSC Email account
- Able to make decisions, but also work with others to ensure the successful running of the Region
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain and demonstrate skills in admin and communications, while being part of an organisation which is dedicated to promoting health and well-being.
Full training will be provided if required, as will the tools you will need including use of a laptop. However, a basic background in working with Microsoft Word and email is essential and experience of social media would also be an advantage. The role is likely to be approx. 2 hours a week, in your own time, but will vary at different times of the year. Any out of pocket expenses incurred will be paid.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Have access to references for employment reviews
- Be able to build a new network of friends and contacts
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
What amount of time should I expect to dedicate?
Around 2-3 hours per week. The regional committee meet quarterly, and these meetings are usually in the daytime or evening, and can be virtual. There will then be a mixture of face to face and email/phone communication with both the committee and the Volunteer Team Leader.
More About the Role of Regional Secretary
As the Regional Secretary, your role would involve:
- Arranging and organising meetings as required
- Circulate the agenda after liaising with the Regional Chairman
- Ensure minutes are taken, and that all action points are followed through by the delegated individual following each meeting
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to North West Regional Secretary
- Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken by the volunteer team where appropriate
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chairman informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Lucy Swann
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are distributed, understood and implemented
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please contact Lucy Swann firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07903 282004
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Manchester Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Area. For this role- although you do need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially...Read more
Overview Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. Blackpool & Fylde...Read more