Secretary | Mid & West Glamorgan
Date first listed: 27th January 2021
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Mid & West Glamorgan, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing.
Association Annual General Meeting
Who will I report to?
Association Chair and Volunteer Group
Who will I be responsible to?
The Area Association Volunteer Group and the members of your area for delivering a relevant CSSC product.
Current responsibilities include:
- Arrange and organise meetings, circulate the agenda after liaising with the AA Chair, ensuring minutes are taken, and that all action points are followed through by the delegated individual.
- Ensure that as the AA Secretary that your contact details are visible and easily found to all those who wish to contact you in order to advise and help members engage in CSSC Mid & West Glamorgan activities accordingly.
- Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken by volunteer team where appropriate.
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a program of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels.
- Keep the Chairman informed of any issues.
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader.
- Ensure that CSSC policy is distributed, understood and carried out.
How much time will I need to give?
Between 3-10 hrs per week depending on the amount of area activity.
What skills/traits are desirable for the role?
It is important that you have effective organisational and communicational skills. You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area, you may wish to recruit either an Assistant Secretary or delegate specific areas such as Membership, Web Admin etc. to other individuals.
What support is there for the Area Association Secretary?
You will have support and guidance from your Volunteer Team Leader, the local Mid & West Glamorgan volunteers, and CSSC departments such as volunteer support, marketing etc.
The Association will reimburse all agreed acceptable out of pocket expenses.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- Build a new network of friends and contacts
- Training opportunities
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
Find out more
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement outlining how you think your skills and experience could help the administration of the CSSC Mid & West Glam Team, I look forward to hearing from you.
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. North Wales Area Association...Read more
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Cardiff Area Association are looking for a new team of volunteers to join their volunteer group and lead and administer the financial management of the Area. Cardiff is the biggest area association in Wales and with a...Read more
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full...Read more