Reading Area Association Treasurer
Date first listed: 7th June 2022
Current tasks include:
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions.
- Promptly pay in all cash/cheques received to the Association's bank/building society account.
- Prepare financial budgets and statements for review by the Area Association.
- Prepare accounts for inspection for the annual year-end to be presented at the AGM and also for submission to Head Office.
- Keep the chair informed of any issues.
- Ensure that a high level of security is maintained at all times for all financial and personal data relating to the Association.
- Ensure that all actions are consistent with equal opportunities for all.
How much time will I need to give?
- Between 2-3 hours per week depending on the workload.
What skills/traits are desirable for the role?
- It would be desirable that you have experience in keeping accounts/bookkeeping or are confident with finances, it would also be beneficial for the candidate to have a working knowledge of MS Excel, however, training and support can be provided for the candidate.
- As a key supporting officer to the Association Chairman, it will be useful for you to be easily accessible by email or phone and have confidence with computers.
- Although not essential it would be helpful if you have a broad understanding of the structure, principles and general practices of CSSC.
What support is there for the Area Association Treasurer?
- You will have support and guidance from your Volunteer Team Leader, Chris Edge.
- You will have support and training opportunities through CSSC's Head Office Finance team.
- You will be supported by the other members of the AA committee.
- The Association will reimburse all agreed acceptable out of pocket expenses.
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled people?
Yes. CSSC with all its constituent groups fully supports the principles and spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
This outline is offered as basic guidance for adaption to suit local circumstances.
If you have any questions regarding this outline or would like more information about volunteering with CSSC please contact Chris Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the opportunity Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Farnborough Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day...Read more