Pool Organiser - Exeter & Torbay
Date first listed: 2nd August 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Pool and organising mini competitions?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Pool within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering event/s.
So, if you’re interested in developing Pool opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main duties & responsibilities
- Researching and selecting a venue.
- Submit a budget to the treasurer
- Devise playing schedule for the event
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments prior to the event and on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website and our Facebook page
- Actively assist in publicising the event and encouraging members to play.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A ‘Can do’ and 'Will do' attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about Pool
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within the membership
- Help increase participation of Pool within CSSC and secure its long-term future
- Put back into the sport some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will provide you with relevant training to support you in this role
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/ responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
Your time and expenses
Attendance at the AGM and input either virtually or face-to-face at monthly meetings. Further time will be required for planning purposes.
Out of pockets expenses will be reimbursed by our treasurer based on CSSC T&S policy and on submission of valid receipts.
Be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure! So here’s the deal. We have a Regional Events program that is ok …. But we want it to be awesome! We have some members that take part …. But we want more! We have a dedicated team of volunteer Sports Organisers...Read more
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e., social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways. The Role: CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to...Read more
CSSC Sports and Leisure are committed to the health and wellbeing of our members, and are looking to boost opportunities for participation. We are looking for a volunteer with a passion for sport and physical activity to help shape a suitable programme of events throughout the forthcoming year. If you...Read more