Online Events Ambassador
Date first listed: 28th October 2020
It’s an exciting time for CSSC, for our members and volunteers with a brand new website recently launched. The website enables our members to book and pay for events online and hands power to our volunteers.
As an Online Events Ambassador, your role is to support volunteers in your local area, region or affiliate to utilise the website to its full potential and ensure that members across the country can see what’s going on in their area. You will play a key part in a period of change in our local and regional events management.
What benefits and support can I expect
- An induction and full training will be provided via our Head Office Volunteer Support Team
- NuTickets training
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources and set up and promote an event
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to CSSC Centenary year
- Out of pocket expenses as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of the Sport and Leisure sector
- A CSSC email address tailored to your role/affiliate.
You’ll be a vital support for the teams in your locality -volunteering mainly in an online capacity. You will also stay in touch with the area committee and event organisers in person, via email and on the phone. Your role will be to support other volunteers to upload events onto the CSSC website using CSSC’s online system, Nutickets.
Once online, you’ll coordinate eshots to members in conjunction with CSSC Head Office staff, keep tabs on how the event is selling and then ensure that the event organiser knows who is coming along on the day.
How much time will I need to give
Not much time is required, about two to three hours a week.
The system is easy to use once you’ve got your head around it. Once events are online, it will just be a case of monitoring them periodically and then sending information to the organiser when the time comes.
What skills do I need
- You need to be friendly and personable-willing to contact and liaise with other volunteers, your local area committee and staff at Head Office in a range of ways-such face to face meetings, Skype, email and phone
- Previous experience of organising events is desirable but not essential
- You need to have access to IT facilities, and be able to use these for your volunteering
- You need to be well organised, and good at keeping tabs on what is happening in your region and/or area
- Innovative- you will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and help deliver successful events
- You need to be IT savvy, willing to learn how to use Nutickets, and keep up to date with developments in the system
- You need to be reliable and understand that this is an important role for the area and your fellow members
- You need a reasonable knowledge how CSSC works to promote health and wellbeing to colleagues. This is not essential as it can be learned
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.
Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways. Currently, things are all a little different and new for CSSC. We...Read more
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e.social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways. Currently, things are all a little different and new for CSSC. We recently...Read more
Overview Become a CSSC volunteer today! CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates,...Read more