North East & Yorkshire Region - Darts Organiser
Date first listed: 24th June 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Darts and organising mini competitions?
Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members using Darts as the driver?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events.
Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to enjoy new experiences. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member. CSSC North East are actively seeking a Regional Organisers to assist the development and delivery of Darts within the CSSC Sports and Leisure North East and Yorkshire Region programme. This would be specifically for the North East.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Darts within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering the regional event/s.
Like all CSSC nationally supported activities, CSSC is keen for Darts to attract new and growing levels of interest throughout the membership.
The Regional Events Coordinator and Volunteer Team Leader will be pleased to work with and support the successful applicant. This support will include specific services provided by the event team as well as acting as a conduit to other head office departments such as marketing, volunteer support and recognition etc. A full volunteer induction programme is available to the successful applicant.
So, if you’re interested in developing Darts opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching and selecting a venue.
- Submit a budget to the regional coordinator
- Devise playing schedule for the event
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments prior to the event and on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website
- Act as a principal contact for regional issues relating to Darts
- Actively assist in publicising the event, providing contacts to the Regional Events Coordinator Team and encouraging members to play.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A ‘Can do’ and 'Will do' attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about Darts
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within the membership
- Help increase participation within CSSC Darts and secure its long term future
- Put back into the sport some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will provide you with relevant training to support you in this role
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/ responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
Estimated Time Commitment:
Attendance at the CSSC Regional Event. This will equate to 1 to 2 days per annum. Further time will be required for planning purposes.
Out of Pocket Expenses: These will be reimbursed by CSSC North East and Yorkshire based on CSSC T&S policy and on submission of valid receipts.
All interested parties should email, stating their experience and anything you feel will be relevant to the role to email@example.com or for an informal chat call 01494 888 407
Overview Become a CSSC volunteer today! CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area being run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website...Read more
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the Durham City area are looking for volunteers to support their local areas, organising events and activities which benefit our members. Event...Read more
Applications are invited from members to administer this seasons Durham CCC season ticket draw. The post is voluntary and will be undertaken in the applicants’ own time. This vacancy would suit a member who regularly watches Durham CCC, as there may be times when it is necessary to meet members at the...Read more