North East & Yorkshire - Events Organiser
Date first listed: 7th October 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the North East and Yorkshire Region are looking for volunteers to support their local areas, organising events and activities which benefit our members.
Event Organisers help us to improve our local offering, supporting people just like you to get the best out of their membership, but also to enjoy themselves and improve their health and wellbeing. Volunteers can be part of their local committee-or just organise events as and when they like-the main thing is that you get involved and be a part of our exciting organisation!
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how and what events we can provide for local CSSC members. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and full training and support will be provided.
In fact- as long as the event or activity would be popular and of benefit to our members the sky is the limit! Whatever you are interested in taking part in-it’s likely that other members would too, plus the area committee will support you all the way and help you form your idea. The main parts of this role are:
- To support the compiling and publishing of a calendar of events and activities which benefit CSSC members in your area.
- Research into local events and activities, or benefits that you may be interested in organising.
- Publish events on our online events management system, Nutickets, in order for members to purchase tickets
- Undertake relevant training (such as how to use our online events system, Nutickets)
- Give feedback to the committee on any progress related to the event
- Monitor all stages of the planning process, ensuring good management and feedback.
- Attend events organised (usually if you organise an event, you are able to attend at no extra cost)
- Agree a budget and costings for events with the Area Treasurer
- Gather feedback from members to aid with planning future events
- Liaise with the Head Office Event Team and your local Volunteer Team Leader, Katie Bradshaw
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest in being active and getting out and about
- A can-do attitude – willing to undertake tasks that arise at the events
- Willing and able to be part of a team that will provide the support to the event or activity and the members in attendance
- Good organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the events are successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Event’s Organisers is an enthusiasm for getting involved in things! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about the basics of the benefits of walking and physical activity
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
- Able to take control and be assertive when needed
The Region meets about once every 8 weeks-but you wouldn’t need to attend these meetings every time. The main thing is that you keep open communication with the chairman, Volunteer Team Leader and the Treasurer. There will be a combination of face to face, telephone and email communication. We take a flexible approach to this and accommodate the volunteer depending on availability/circumstances.
In terms of the activity, that’s up to you - one a year, two a year or one a week or month - it really doesn’t matter.
In exchange for your ideas, commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to discover more of your local area
- Boost your wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the Durham City area are looking for volunteers to support their local areas, organising events and activities which benefit our members. Event...Read more
Applications are invited from members to administer this seasons Durham CCC season ticket draw. The post is voluntary and will be undertaken in the applicants’ own time. This vacancy would suit a member who regularly watches Durham CCC, as there may be times when it is necessary to meet members at the...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Darts and organising mini competitions? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating...Read more