North East - Regional Snooker Organiser
Date first listed: 11th May 2021
Become a CSSC volunteer today! CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area being run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways they are involved!
Do any of these roles sound like something you would like to do? Apply today!
CSSC Snooker are actively seeking a Regional Organiser to assist the development and delivery of Snooker within the CSSC Sports and Leisure North East Region programme. The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Snooker within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering the regional event/s.
Like all CSSC nationally supported activities, CSSC is keen for Snooker to attract new and growing levels of interest throughout the membership.
The regional committee and head office events team will be pleased to work with and support the successful applicant. This support will include specific services provided by the event team as well as acting as a conduit to other head office departments such as marketing, volunteer support and recognition etc. A full volunteer induction programme is available to the successful applicant.
So, if you’re interested in developing Snooker opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Researching and selecting a venue
- Submit a budget to the regional treasurer
- Devise playing schedule for the event
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments prior to the event and on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website
- Act as a principal contact for regional issues relating to Snooker
- Actively assist in publicising the event, providing contacts to the Event Team and encouraging members to play.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A ‘Can do’ and 'Will do' attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about Snooker
Your time and expenses
Attendance at the CSSC Regional Event will equate to 1 to 2 days per annum. A further 1 to 2 days may be required for planning purposes.
Expenses will be reimbursed by CSSC North East based on CSSC T&S policy and on submission of valid receipts.
All interested parties should send email, stating their experience and anything you feel will be relevant to the role.