Netball Organiser - Exeter & Torbay
Date first listed: 2nd August 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for netball and organising mini competitions?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. Our aim is to help you have fun, get active, and try out new hobbies or enjoy social events.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of netball within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering event/s.
So, if you’re interested in developing netball opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main duties & responsibilities
- Researching and selecting a venue.
- Submit a budget to the treasurer
- Devise playing schedule for the event
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments prior to the event and on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website and our Facebook page
- Actively assist in publicising the event and encouraging members to play.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A ‘Can do’ and 'Will do' attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about netball
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within the membership
- Help increase participation of netball within CSSC and secure its long-term future
- Put back into the sport some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will provide you with relevant training to support you in this role
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/ responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
Your time and expenses
Attendance at the AGM and input either virtually or face-to-face at monthly meetings. Further time will be required for planning purposes.
Out of pockets expenses will be reimbursed by our treasurer based on CSSC T&S policy and on submission of valid receipts.
The Cotswolds Area Association are looking for a Leisure Event Organiser (volunteer) to assist with the planning, and running of future leisure events and trips for local members and their families. If you like planning activities, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to demonstrate and build your skills in...Read more
Are you looking to get more involved with CSSC in your local area? Are you enthusiastic about trying new things and engaging with people? CSSC in the Bournemouth Area are looking for volunteers to support with organising events and activities and finding great local offers to benefit our members. Event Organisers...Read more
CSSC Sports and Leisure are committed to the health and wellbeing of our members, and are looking to boost opportunities for participation. We are looking for a volunteer with a passion for sport and physical activity to help shape a suitable programme of events throughout the forthcoming year. If you...Read more