National Volunteer Committee - Regional Representative
Date first listed: 27th April 2021
Are you passionate about volunteering? Do you want the chance to use your experience to help CSSC to be the very best it can be, at supporting its volunteer community and providing membership benefits?
If so, this opportunity could be for you! CSSC is looking for 1 representative from every Region to join the Volunteer Committee.
What will the Committee do?
The Volunteer Committee will give a “voice” to the volunteer community. As a member you will help to shape and contribute to UK wide decisions affecting volunteers and the members that they serve. You will be the voice of your local volunteers, sharing best practice, escalating key Area and Regional issues which need to be addressed at national level; and enabling CSSC to learn from feedback going forward.
As a member of the Volunteer Committee your role will include gathering insight from volunteers and members in your Region and Areas, and using that knowledge to provide advice and insight on how CSSC as a whole can:
- Value, recognise and reward volunteers
- Support volunteers to maintain high standards and values when carrying out their activities
- Continue to improve and learn from best practice – internally and from other organisations
- Ensure that volunteers remain engaged, inspired and motivated
- Ensure volunteers deliver the best possible experience for members
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to use your experience to help CSSC succeed, and become “best in class”
- The ability to inform and influence the future of volunteering in CSSC
- A chance to develop new skills, whilst helping to improve the support and guidance provided to volunteers
- The ability to promote and enhance CSSC’s volunteer community
How much time does this role require?
- The Volunteer Committee will meet 3-4 times per year for 2-3 hours - with a mix of virtual and face to face meetings, visiting different Regions on a rolling basis
- It is expected that the role may also require approximately 10 hours per month for “out of committee” work which can be managed flexibly to fit around personal commitments
- You will be reimbursed for travel costs and essential expenses
Who are you looking for?
We are looking for diverse candidates from across the UK - volunteers who have a passion for helping CSSC to succeed, putting members at the forefront of everything that they do. Those on the committee must act with integrity and honesty and be flexible with a can-do approach. The successful candidates will:
- have practical experience of volunteering, with a good knowledge and understanding of how Regions and Areas work
- be open minded, innovative, willing to embrace change and challenge the status quo
- enjoy being involved in making decisions, finding solutions and working as part of a team
- be able to make concise and constructive contributions to discussions
If this is you, then we would love to hear from you!
How can I apply?
For further information about this role, or to apply please contact the Volunteer Delivery Team email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications is 13th May. Each Region’s representative will be agreed by 21 May, ahead of the first meeting of the of the Committee meeting on 2 June.
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. Mid & West...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Lincoln Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Area. Overview For this role- although you do need to have knowledge of Excel...Read more
If you are well organised and good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! Bournemouth Area Association are looking for a new Secretary to provide support to the Area...Read more