London Region Sports Liaison Officer
Date first listed: 16th December 2020
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in sports development? Have you a talent or passion for getting people involved in sport? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in helping to support the health and wellbeing of our members?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers. Our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy. We are passionate about what we do, we are sociable and supportive of our volunteers and members and we are progressive and look for ways we can improve our service. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member.
The London Region are currently looking for a Sports Liaison Officer (volunteer) to be involved in the development and provision of the programme of sport and activity each year at a Regional level. The Sports Liaison Officer will predominantly work with the volunteer Sports Organisers as well as Head Office staff to help to develop, deliver and continuously improve the Regional Qualifying programme and sports offering at a local level.
The Sports Liaison Officer's duties mostly comprise of:
- Being an active participant in assisting and developing sporting opportunities that are reflective of trends locally and Nationally
- Being an active participant in assisting and developing the awareness of the London Club network
- Compiling and publishing a calendar of events and working with Regional Communication Volunteers to promote these events
- Liaise with the Sports Organiser on the planning of their sports qualifiers
- Providing organisers with support and resources as required. Including induction for new volunteers
- Monitoring and evaluating participation figures and providing recommendations for improvements to the qualifier programme
- Ensuring trophies are ordered and supplied as required
The person will be a problem solver, confident in face to face and telephone interaction, and an independent worker as this role will be very much on your own time with expectations to meet timelines at your own pace but in line with the calendar of events. A demonstrable passion for sport and/or for getting people active is essential for this role.
Full training is provided, and volunteer hours will vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid. You will also be provided with a CSSC Volunteer email address as part of this role and this will need to be used for any tasks carried out within your voluntary capacity.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends/contacts
- boost your confidence and communication skills
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled persons?
Yes. CSSC, with all its constituent groups, fully supports the principles and spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
If you have any questions regarding this outline, or would like more information about CSSC volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd January