London Region - Leisure and Events Organisers
Date first listed: 21st April 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in London are looking for volunteers to organise events and activities which benefit our members.
Leisure & Social Events Organisers help us to improve our local offer, supporting people just like you to get the best out of their membership, but also to enjoy themselves and improve their health and wellbeing. Volunteers can be part of their local committee or just organise events as and when they like - the main thing is that you get involved and be a part of our exciting organisation!
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how and what events we can provide for London CSSC members. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and full training and support will be provided. In fact, if the event or activity offers widespread interest and a benefit to our members the sky is the limit! Whatever you are ideas or suggestions it’s likely that other members would be interested.
The main elements of this role are:
- To support the compiling and publishing of a calendar of events and activities which benefit CSSC members in your area.
- Research into local events and activities, or benefits that you may be interested in organising.
- Publish events on our online events management system, Nutickets, to enable members to purchase tickets
- Undertake relevant training (such as how to use our online events system, Nutickets)
- Give feedback to the committee on any progress related to the event
- Monitor all stages of the planning process, ensuring good management and feedback.
- Attend the events you organise (usually if you organise an event, you can attend at no extra cost)
- Agree a budget and costings for events with the Regional Financial Lead
- Gather feedback from members to assist with planning future events
- Liaise with the Head Office Event Team and your local Volunteer Team Leader.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest in being active and getting out and about
- A can-do attitude – willing to undertake tasks that arise at the events
- Willing and able to be part of a team that will provide the support to the event or activity and the members in attendance
- Good organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the events are successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Activity Organisers is an enthusiasm for getting involved in things! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about the basics of the benefits of walking and physical activity
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
- Able to take control and be assertive when needed
The Regional Committee meets up to 6 times in the year, face to face or virtually, but you wouldn’t need to attend these meetings unless you wanted to. The main thing is that you keep open communication with the Chairman, Secretary, Finance Lead and Volunteer Team Leader.
There will be a combination of face to face, telephone and email communication. We take a flexible approach to this and accommodate the volunteer depending on availability/circumstances.
In terms of the activity, that's up to you - one a year, two a year-or one a week or month, it really doesn’t matter.
In exchange for your ideas, commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to discover more of your local area
- Boost your wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
- A specific email address for your role.
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
How to apply
For more information about this volunteering vacancy
The CSSC London Region is currently looking for an Art Event Organiser to research and organise new one-off art events for our members. As all events will be based in London, this volunteer would be required to be a London based member (live or work). As exhibitions and events take...Read more