London Region Communications Officer
Date first listed: 16th December 2020
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in communication and social media? Have you a talent for keeping people informed, coordinating information and supporting others? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in helping to support the health and wellbeing of our members?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure!
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers. Our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy. We are passionate about what we do, we are sociable and supportive of our volunteers and members and we are progressive and look for ways we can improve our service. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member.
The London Region is looking for a Communications Officer (volunteer) to help develop and implement a communications strategy for the region. You will be the liaison between the London Team and our members, keeping them informed of the latest developments; and our volunteers, helping them to stay in touch and be more effective.
Tasks may include:
- Raising the profile of the London Region and working collaboratively with Head Office staff and other partners.
- Generating interest and awareness of the range of benefits available to members
- Making sure that the Region’s information on the internet, is kept up to date
- Liaising with volunteers and the Event Coordinator in the London Region to promote events and activity and publish reports and reviews.
- Producing information for inclusion in Electronic Newsletters
- Develop, implement and make best use of Social Media to inform members and enable volunteers to communicate more effectively
This role would suit someone who is well organised; a good planner with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Access to a computer is essential as is experience in Microsoft Office, the internet, emails and social media platforms such as Facebook. Training, support and mentoring will be provided. However, this is a developing role and you will be working with closely with the Volunteer Support Advisor and the Regional Team to develop the ideas and activity required. You will also be provided with a CSSC Volunteer email address as part of this role and this will need to be used for any tasks carried out within your voluntary capacity.
The role is likely to take approximately 2 hours per week on average. In addition, you will be expected to attend relevant Regional meetings, the annual Regional Conference and the occasional optional National event. This role may also involve some occasional travel throughout the region to support other volunteers.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends and contacts
- boost your confidence and communication skills
Closing Date for applications: 22nd January
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! London Region are looking for a Finance Lead to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Region. For this role, although you do need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially competent, the financial administration is carried out...Read more