London Region - Arts Organiser
Date first listed: 21st April 2021
The CSSC London Region is currently looking for an Art Event Organiser to research and organise new one-off art events for our members. As all events will be based in London, this volunteer would be required to be a London based member (live or work). As exhibitions and events take place all over London this volunteer must be willing to travel to these if required.
This is a completely flexible role so the amount of time you give is completely up to you and will depend on the number of events you organise! It is estimated that on average a volunteer may spend approximately 1-2 hours across a week researching and booking an event but this may vary and can be discussed as part of your induction process.
About the Role
- The role will require regular research into a variety of arts-based activities – from guided tours of art exhibitions and special events at museums to arts and crafts activities and workshops.
- This role is an exciting new opportunity as it is open to development and new ideas, so the more ideas you have the better!
- As the Art Event Organiser, you would be responsible for researching and booking these in accordance with our event booking process and budget policies (training would be provided on this).
- The London Team will handle entries and the administration of these events, but in some cases, you may be required to liaise with the venues and be the point of contact at the event.
Skills and Experience
- This role will be supported by the London Team and training will be provided, however a strong attention to detail and an interest in the arts would be an asset.
- Access to a computer or device would be beneficial for researching and using our ticketing system
- Organised and passionate about providing CSSC members with unique and exciting opportunities
Benefits of Volunteering
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm, volunteering can provide you with a wealth of benefits including:
- Training opportunities
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
- Build a new network of friends and contacts
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
For more information about this role please contact us below.
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in London are looking for volunteers to organise events and activities which benefit our members. Leisure & Social Events Organisers help us to...Read more