Lincoln Area Treasurer
Date first listed: 28th May 2021
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Lincoln Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Area.
For this role- although you do need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training and support will be provided by CSSC’s finance team with a full handover from the outgoing Treasurer.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions
- Make prompt payment of all bills and invoices received
- Obtain necessary authorisation from another officer before making payments
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Lincoln Area Association
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Michelle Chelu
Skills and abilities
- It would be desirable (but not essential) that you have experience of keeping accounts/bookkeeping or are confident with finances
- Effective organisational and communicational skills
- You will need to be able to access the Lincoln CSSC Treasurer Email account, and a knowledge of IT (particularly MS Excel) would be useful
- You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area
- You may wish to recruit an Assistant Treasurer to support your duties
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 1-2hrs per week, meetings take place around once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in February/March. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
So if you’re into finance this is a great way to boost your CV or if you’re training this is a really good way to get hands on experience handling a manageable budget.
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please email Michelle Chelu or call 07951 342034.
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy...Read more
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Lincoln Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference...Read more
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and...Read more