Lincoln Area Chair
Date first listed: 28th May 2021
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Lincoln Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates.
There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to support the growth and development of CSSC in Lincoln. Full training and support will be provided with a full handover from the outgoing Chair.
- General management duties associated with leading an Area Association
- To communicate with fellow Officers (Secretary and Treasurer), and committee members, Affiliated Clubs, and keep Lincoln Area Association members up to date
- To chair Lincoln Area Association meetings including AGM 2021
- To liaise with Lincoln Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader, Michelle Chelu
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide support where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Lincoln Area Association
- Ensure that the Area Association offers a diverse range of member benefits that are easily accessible to all members
- Oversee governance and adherence to CSSC policies including finance
Skills and abilities
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team working skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role should take around 1-2 hours per week, with attendance at around 8 meetings per year and an AGM in the spring. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
This is a great chance to develop your leadership skills and support activity in your local community.
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please email Michelle Chelu or call 07951 342034.
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy...Read more
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy being...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Lincoln Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team, to support the financial management and administration of the Area. Overview For this role- although you do need to have knowledge of Excel...Read more