Health and Wellbeing Champion - Eastern
Date first listed: 28th October 2020
At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy, to help us achieve this, the Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the public sector and within government departments, designated staff engage in H&W activity frequently and independently, we are looking to bring this passion and expertise together, connecting people with shared interests, goals and objectives to share information and ideas to promote better H&W to members in the workplace. The purpose of this role is to explore and promote opportunities for members to get involved with, whilst connecting people and upholding CSSC’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity. As this is a new volunteer role, there is ample scope to develop and evolve it with the full support of Regional Team. We envisage it will require around 3-4 hours per week time commitment, you will receive full support from your Regional Volunteers, as well as Volunteer Team Leader and various others with specific knowledge relevant to the role, all reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Develop a network of CSSC members who have an interest in promoting H&W activity within their workplace using social media. By creating this community across workplaces, and bringing together members with shared interest and objectives, members can share information, creative ideas and hints and tips, with members feeling more supported and motivated in their role.
- Work with Eastern Comms Officer to identify and promote a calendar of attractive active events e.g. 10ks, Half Marathons, Tough Mudders, Survival of the Fittest and any other relevant physical activity (Swim, Run, Ride, Stride) in the South & South East that are relevant to CSSC Subsidy schemes.
- Actively promote the ‘Physical Activity Fund’, ‘Active Wellbeing Week’ and ‘Active Mindfulness’
- Work with members of the Eastern Region Team to agree incentive and promotion of selected activities through social media, CSSC website, Office Champions (OC’s) and Area Association network.
- Innovative – we want to give this role a chance to grow and flourish with new and interesting ideas.
- Passionate about promoting health and wellbeing to colleagues and CSSC members.
- Organised and efficient.
- Have a keen interest in CSSC and a reasonable knowledge of how the organisation works (not essential as training and support will be provided).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with a variety of people.
- Good IT skills and proficient with Facebook.
Benefits of Volunteering
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
- Build a network
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
- Be part of something great
Summary At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy and to help us achieve this, Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the...Read more