Gardening Lead - North West Region
Date first listed: 23rd November 2020
Become a CSSC volunteer today! CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways.
North West CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to start up and support activities, create social media presence and hold events to get members engaged in their gardens.
CSSC in the North West would like to promote gardening to members. Throughout lockdown, gardening has been a really popular subject on our website and we know that a lot of our members have found a new love for their green (or green-ish!) fingers.
We are looking for an individual who would be willing to lead a gardening revolution in the North West! You don’t need to be a professional- just a keen gardener who is willing to share knowledge, inspire others and encourage engagement.
This role is likely to be mainly online- virtual meet ups, a Facebook Page, maybe a blog or emailed newsletter to those who engage. We would like to create a community of like minded people, offering support, guidance, advice and a friendly atmosphere.
In the future the role has potential to develop to meet up’s- trips to gardens and maybe more- but currently we are working within local restrictions.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV, and share your knowledge and passion for gardening
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people- including like-minded volunteers and members
- Opportunity to develop your online skills, and use of social media
- Boost your wellbeing, confidence and communication skills- and support others to do the same!
Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
More about the Gardening Lead
- Setting up and maintaining CSSC Northwest Facebook Page- plus Twitter/Instagram if you fancy it
- Welcoming people to the group and making them feel comfortable
- Offering virtual meetings on a regular basis (monthly)
- Offering tips and weekly ‘to do’ lists for the garden via social media
- Leading and managing the group
- Making sure in the event of any ‘in person’ activities taking place, that the activity is welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe:
- Trouble-shooting and dealing with problems online/ at activities, and working with your local committee and other volunteers
- Providing information about other activities offered by CSSC and basic information about how to keep active
- Attending occasional meetings and refresher training
Full training and support will be provided,
What amount of time should I expect to dedicate?
We take a flexible approach to this and accommodate the volunteer depending on availability/circumstances. This role is predominantly online- so can be completed at your convenience. We would suggest a monthly meeting online, plus three posts per week on social media.
In terms of any activity and anything else you’d like to do-that’s up to you!
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest in gardening, and a knowledge of social media
- A can-do attitude – willing to undertake tasks that arise
- Willing and able to be part of a team regionally, and
- Good, online, social media, organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the role is successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities:
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Gardening Lead is clearly demonstrated enthusiasm for gardening and inspiring others to get their hands dirty! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about their subject- and keen to share
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups online and in person
- Able to take control and be assertive when needed
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways. Currently, things are all a little different and new for CSSC. We...Read more
Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member. Are you a sociable person who enjoys social activities and trips? Are you someone who is looking for an opportunity to boost your CV by developing your organisational skills? Are you looking to being part of a team to open up networking possibilities,...Read more