Date first listed: 22nd February 2022
CSSC Centenary Games Volunteer Opportunities
The CSSC Games is a fantastic event which is held at one of the most prestigious universities in the UK, with top quality sporting facilities on which our members can compete.
Volunteering at the Games provides a great opportunity to be part of this event. You will be responsible for helping and supporting our members whilst enjoying a unique volunteer experience.
As a Games Volunteer, you will be part of a special team of people that will build friendships and create a bond and camaraderie over the two-day event.
By working closely together you will have a great sense of satisfaction by helping to make the Games another special moment in the CSSC calendar. This is a chance to have a wonderful time in a friendly, fun and enjoyable environment.
“Games Volunteers – Make it happen”
Do you want to be part of the Volunteer Team? We would love to hear from you.
Area of Responsibility
- Welcoming members upon arrival, directing to the Accommodation Registration Point and on to their respective accommodation blocks. Providing signposting and guidance to ensure members are confident in their surroundings
- Supporting other volunteers with refreshments
- Supporting Entertainment set up and shut down
- Facilitating successful award presentations
Hours on Duty
- Shift rotas will be provided for all volunteers in August. Your shift will start on Thursday 15th September, where you will be asked to arrive by 11:00 for the Volunteer Briefing, and culminate on Friday 16th September
- Rotas for your role will be provided by the Team Leader. It is the responsibility of all team members to follow instructions given
- It is anticipated that volunteers will be grouped into teams and will be given the opportunity to volunteer in different areas to make it as interesting as possible and also give volunteers the chance to have suitable breaks to experience the various competitions and events.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported back to the Team Leader, promptly and clearly
- Ensure that all CSSC property you are issued with is looked after and returned back to the Team Leader at the end of the day
- Ensure that you are aware of and follow the Health & Safety guidelines at all times
Thursday 15/Friday 16 September
- Ensure members receive an enthusiastic and helpful welcome to The Games
- Have knowledge of the Event Schedule to be able to offer help and advice to participants if required
- Direct participants to the Registration Point and then on to their accommodation block
- Have knowledge of which restaurant has been allocated for each accommodation block
- Ensure that at no time you are made responsible for the luggage of event participants
- Introduce yourself to the Sports Officer of the sport(s) you are supporting in your role (if applicable)
- Liaise with the Sports Organisers with regards to scheduling and rescheduling of award presentations
- Ensure that packed lunches are distributed to all members effectively
- Compile game reports at selected competitions. Liaise with social media lead to upload to Facebook/Twitter
- Management of medals and trophies, ensuring they are kept safe and are taken to the correct place at the right time
- Ensure the winning Team Captain signs for the respective perpetual trophy where required
- Assist with any entertainment set-up
- Ensure that all walkie-talkies issued to you are returned to the Team Leader at the end of your rota or they are made aware who you have handed it on to
- Familiarisation of the campus, your teams area of responsibility and the accommodation and restaurants used for the event
- Attend Team Volunteer Team Briefing (date and time TBC). Use and protocol of walkie-talkies will be given by your Team Leader
All volunteers are asked to adhere to the CSSC’s Code of Conduct
Area of Responsibility Responsible for the management of the Transport Team including Mini Buses (on and offsite) and Support Vehicles, ensuring they run in an efficient & effective manner Hours on Duty You will be asked to arrive on the evening of Wednesday 14th September and your final shift will be complete on...Read more
CSSC actively seeks a new Badminton Organiser to assist in the development and delivery of Badminton within the CSSC sports and leisure programme. The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Badminton within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and, in part, delivering the Open Championships and...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in sports development? Have you a talent or passion for getting people involved in sport? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in helping to support the health and...Read more