Farnborough Area - Secretary
Date first listed: 7th April 2021
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity boost your CV or support us with administration and give a little back to our CSSC community? Are you a good communicator who is organised and confident with Microsoft Word and Outlook?
Farnborough Area Association are looking for a new Secretary. These opportunities don’t come around very often so if you have experience or enjoy:-
- working with people as part of a proactive team
- Coordinating activity
- Providing administrative support to meetings i.e. organise meetings, take and circulate minutes and agendas
- Being a point of contact for communication
- Ensuring that members are supported and CSSC is promoted
And you want to be a part of something special and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure here’s your chance!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a volunteer to acquire and demonstrate skills in admin and leadership, while being part of an organisation which is dedicated to promoting health and well-being.
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers and positively promotes health and well-being. Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance make friends and enjoy new experiences.
Current tasks include
- To communicate and liaise with potential and existing members and to act as their main point of contact.
- Ensure that as the AA Secretary that your contact details are visible and easily found to all those who wish to contact you.
- To advise and help members engage in CSSC activities.
- Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken where appropriate.
- In conjunction with other committee members provide and maintain a programme of events and activities, giving adequate notice and full details of the events.
- As secretary you may be delegated to help organise and run events in your chosen area.
- Arrange and organise the agenda of association meetings liaising with the AA Chairman, ensuring minutes are taken of all meetings and communicated.
- Helping to ensure action points in meetings are followed through by the delegated individual.
- Keep the Chairman informed of any issues.
- Liaise with Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader.
- Ensure all actions are consistent with equal opportunities for all.
- Ensure that Health and safety responsibilities are distributed, understood and carried out.
What skills/traits are desirable for the role?
It is important that you have effective organisational and communicational skills. You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area and you may wish to recruit either an Assistant Secretary or delegate specific areas such as Membership, Web Admin etc. to other individuals.
What support is there for the Area Association Secretary?
- You will have support and guidance from your Volunteer Team Leader.
- You will be supported by the other members of the AA committee.
Your time and expenses
- Between 2-4hrs per week depending on the time of year / AA plans.
- The Association will reimburse all agreed acceptable out of pocket expenses.
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled people?
Yes. CSSC with all its constituent groups fully supports the principles and spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
Full training can be provided with a great support structure to help you settle in. A basic background in working with Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential. You will also be expected to attend Area meetings and occasional workshops and training as required.
This outline is offered as basic guidance and for adaption to suit local circumstances.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC
- Training opportunities
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
- Build a new network of friends and contacts and boost your confidence and communication skills
- A specific Role email address will be provided
How to apply
For more information about this volunteer role or an informal chat please email Chris Edge or call 07958 966458.
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! The Isle of Wight Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially...Read more
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role. You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and...Read more