Eastern – Shore Angling Organiser
Date first listed: 27th April 2021
If you love Shore Angling, why not volunteer to be CSSC Eastern Region Shore Angling Organiser?
Not only could you have loads of fun playing the sport you love, while making friends and contacts with like-minded members, but you could help your fellow members get together and share their passions.
Volunteers are the beating heart of CSSC. They make everything we do possible and turn great ideas into fantastic trips, adventures and events.
About the role
CSSC Eastern Region is actively seeking a new regional organiser to assist with the development and delivery of Shore Angling within the Regional Programme – with a key focus on delivering the Regional Shore Angling Qualifier event, which paves the way to the National Final Event.
CSSC organises a series of annual competitive, national events, called National Finals. To gain entry to compete at the National Final events, members need to qualifier via a Regional event, called Regional Qualifiers.
At its core, the role of the Regional Shore Angling Organiser includes:
- Organising and attending the annual Shore Angling Qualifier event.
- Communicating with CSSC staff via email and telephone calls.
- Use CSSC’s event management system (Nutickets) via an internet browser to upload and monitor your events.
There’s also scope to:
- Organise and attend other events, such as taster sessions and non-qualifier events.
- Assist with facebook posts for your events.
- Assist with newsletter content featuring your events.
- Discuss additional ideas.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a keen interest and knowledge of Shore Angling.
- Be confident using email and web browsers, with a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Be able to plan an event 3+ months in advance.
- Enjoy socialising and helping fellow members.
- Be keen to encourage new members to participate.
The successful candidate will be supported by the CSSC Events Team, Volunteer Team Leaders and Regional Sports Liaison Officer. This support will include an induction process and on-going guidance to ensure you always feel confident and guided. We will always be on hand and happy to help!
What are the benefits of this role
- Opportunity to make new friends and contacts who share your passions and hobbies.
- Boost your confidence and communication skills.
- Training opportunities to improve your teamwork, communication and organisational skills.
- Volunteering on your resume is a wonderfully attractive skill to employers.
- Opportunity to schedule events and take part at your convenience.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses based on CSSC’s Terms and Conditions.
How to apply
For more information about this or any other volunteering vacancy, please email us.
At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy, to help us achieve this, the Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the public...Read more
If you love 5-a-side Football, why not volunteer to be CSSC Eastern Region 5-a-side Football Organiser? Not only could you have loads of fun playing the sport you love, while making friends and contacts with like-minded members, but you could help your fellow members get together and share their passions. Volunteers are...Read more