Eastern Region Secretary
Date first listed: 19th January 2021
So you want to give something back as a volunteer but you’re worried about being constrained by regular hours and an inflexible role.
You have a great skill set and want to use it to support others and you know CSSC are doing some great work around health and wellbeing and you’d quite fancy being part of the team.
Well if this is you? You can be! All you need to do it click below, tell us you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
This exciting role has just become available and we want to hear from you!
Our Regional Teams play an important role supporting the work of CSSC across the UK. Providing a focal point for many local CSSC volunteers to network and share good practice, enabling them to discuss and engage with the strategic plans for the organisation.
The Eastern Team are looking for a Secretary who is well organised, committed and capable. Working alongside likeminded and committed volunteers who are progressive in their outlook and value the support they give to a sociable and inclusive community of members. Enabling them the opportunity to improve and enjoy their health and wellbeing.
- Organise and provide administrative support to meetings i.e. take and circulate minutes and agendas and keep the team on track.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a point of contact for communication and correspondence
- Take a lead role in the organisation of the annual regional conference
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- Use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to CSSC Eastern Region
- In conjunction with the Eastern Team, manage a program of events that is accessible to all
- Attend meetings and events representing the Eastern Team
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to support CSSC members and the vision and values of the organisation
Skills and abilities
- Have experience of working with Microsoft Word is essential
- Effective organisation and communication skills
- You will need to be able to access the CSSC Eastern mail account, and a knowledge of IT would be useful
- You should have a strong commitment to the role, the Team and CSSC and an enthusiasm to drive actions forward.
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 5-6 hrs per month, meetings take place maximum once a month and there is an regional conference usually held in the Autumn. Support and guidance will be given. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Closing date Friday 26th February 2021.