Eastern Region | Men's Golf Organiser
Date first listed: 4th August 2022
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for Golf and organising mini competitions?
Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members using Golf as the driver?
If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure?
CSSC is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. CSSC’s mission is to enable its members to achieve fulfilment through the provision of subsidised sport, leisure and social opportunities. We aim to help you have fun, get active, and try new hobbies or enjoy social events.
Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to enjoy new experiences. Volunteering for CSSC is open to anyone eligible to be a CSSC member. CSSC Eastern are actively seeking a Regional Organiser to assist the development and delivery of Golf within the CSSC Sports and Leisure Eastern Region programme. This would be specifically for the Eastern Region.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of Golf within CSSC. You will have responsibility for shaping and delivering the regional event/s.
Like all CSSC nationally supported activities, CSSC is keen for Golf to attract new and growing levels of interest throughout the membership.
The Sports Events Coordinator and Volunteer Team Leader will be pleased to work with and support the successful applicant. This support will include specific services provided by the event team and acting as a conduit to other head office departments such as marketing, volunteer support and recognition etc. A full volunteer induction programme is available to the successful applicant.
So, if you’re interested in developing Golf opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and select a venue
- Submit a budget to the Event Team
- Devise the playing schedule for the event
- Liaise with the Sports Coordinator to publicise the event on the CSSC Website within the given time frame. Encourage new members to participate.
- Complete relevant health and safety assessments before the event and on the day
- Have responsibility for the running of the event on the day
- Arrange the provision and presentation of trophies
- Collation of results
- Writing up a report of the event for the website
- Act as the principal contact for regional issues relating to Golf
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A "Can do" and "Will do" attitude
- Highly motivated and passionate about Golf
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within the membership
- Help increase participation within CSSC Golf and secure its long-term future
- Put back into the sport some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will provide you with relevant training to support you in this role
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/ responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
- Receive a dedicated email address for the role
Estimated Time Commitment:
Attendance at the CSSC Regional Event. This will equate to 1 to 2 days per annum. Further time will be required for planning purposes.
Out of Pocket Expenses:
These will be reimbursed by CSSC based on CSSC T&S policy and the submission of valid receipts.
All interested parties should email, stating their experience and anything you feel will be relevant for the role to email@example.com before the closing date of Friday 30th September 2022.
About the role Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you passionate about sports and organising events? Then we have the perfect role for you! Anglia Area Association are looking for a new Sports Liaison Officer to plan a variety of sporting events for Anglia CSSC...Read more
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you passionate about sports and organising events? Then we have the perfect role for you! Hertfordshire Area Association is looking for a new Sports Liaison Officer to plan a variety of sporting events for Hertfordshire CSSC members. From...Read more
About the role Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you passionate about events planning? Then we have the perfect role for you! South Essex Area Association are looking for a new Event Organiser to plan a variety of events for South Essex CSSC members. From...Read more