Eastern Region Centenary Lead Volunteer
Date first listed: 19th November 2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who would love to gain some experience in event management and organisation. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable experience whilst supporting a wide range of high profile events for CSSC throughout Eastern Region.
Why we need you
We're thrilled to be celebrating our centenary year in 2021. To mark this momentous occasion we're taking time to explore our vibrant history and we need your help so that we can leave a legacy for the next 100 years! We would like you to volunteer and play a part in our inspiring story.
What will I be doing?
- Assist with the planning and delivery of a range of events such as sports events, walks, dinners, and much more!
- Promote events through social media and your network of contacts
- Attend meetings in the Eastern Regional area (usually no more than monthly)
- Work alongside the Volunteer Team Leader, Lucy Vizor to map out the journey for our time capsule
- This role will require approx. 3 hours per week for email enquiries and correspondence and/or activities including meetings etc. This could vary and would be at the discretion of the volunteer as to how they fulfil their duties
- You will be provided with a CSSC email account for all communications relating to Eastern Region
What skills do I need?
- You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for working with people
- Previous experience in organising events is desirable but not essential
- Innovative – You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and help to deliver successful events
- Organised and efficient with the ability to maintain records of activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with members and volunteers across the region (help and guidance will be given)
- Good IT skills
What benefits and support can I expect?
- An induction and full training will be provided via your local Volunteer Team Leader
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources and set up and promote an event
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to CSSC in our Centenary year
- Out of pocket expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of the Sport and Leisure sector
For more information about this volunteering vacancy please contact Lucy Vizor on 07384 892573 or via email: email@example.com
Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.