Deputy Treasurer - East Yorkshire and Grimsby
Date first listed: 12th April 2022
About the role
The role of the Deputy Treasurer is to support the Area Treasurer with responsibility for maintaining an accurate record of all Area financial transactions and managing the area grant.
How much time will I need to give?
On average, 1.5 hours per week. There are attendance meetings every 6 weeks approximately.
Current tasks include
- Assist the Area Treasurer to maintain accurate and up to date records of all accounts to be submitted on an annual basis to CSSC Head Office.
- Working with the Area Treasurer to prepare and administer financial documents relevant to Income and Expenditure.
- Assist the Area Treasurer with the preparation of quarterly Bank Reconciliation Statements and to have these records available for checks by any authorised CSSC officers promptly.
- Maintaining up to date financial accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual accounts for an audit.
- Keeping the Area committee informed and up to date regarding finances.
- Have a sound understanding of CSSC Policy and Procedure
- Well organised, able to keep records, background in managing finance, scrupulously honest, able to answer questions in meetings and confident in handling figures.
- As a key supporting officer to the Area Chairman and the Area Treasurer, you will need to be easily contactable and have access to email, internet and a working knowledge of computers.
- Although not essential, it would be useful to have a broad understanding of the structure, principles and general practices of CSSC.
- It is essential that the Deputy Treasurer is a good communicator and able to use their financial knowledge of the region to generate and educate ideas to ensure CSSC maximises potential, retains and recruits members.
Term of the role
Annually co-opted to the area executive committee.
What support is there for the RAT?
- Support from the area Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer.
- Support from the Volunteer Team Leader and CSSC Staff based in Head Office.
The area will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled persons?
Yes. CSSC with all its constituent groups fully supports the principles and the spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
Benefits of volunteering
CSSC volunteering is not only rewarding, it can also be enjoyable, sociable and a boost to self-confidence.
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please contact Katie Bradshaw, Volunteer Team Leader email@example.com
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local CSSC volunteer team? Are you well organised? Do you enjoy meeting new people and are you a natural leader? West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Vice Chair to give support to the Chair and help lead the...Read more
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the South Yorkshire Area are looking for a new committee member to support their communications with members and administrate their prize...Read more
Overview If you are well organised and a good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Assistant Secretary to provide support to...Read more