Cycling Event Organiser – Exeter & Torbay
Date first listed: 2nd August 2021
CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e., social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways.
We’d like to add a more local element. Just like the volunteers who have been organising activities and sports in their local areas for the past 99 years, we are looking for new cycling volunteers to join our team and support our members online.
CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to start up and support cycling activities to get members active, involved and feeling happier.
Check out new cycling routes - would you like to share these with other people in your area?
Online platforms are a wonderful opportunity to still be social, share our passion and knowledge- and support others.
More about the role of a Cycling Volunteer
- Setting up online events, setting tasks or activities for others and supporting them to take part
- Welcoming people to take part
- Maintaining regular events and contact with those who join in
- Leading and managing the group or activity at the allotted time
- Making sure the activity is welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe-and of course in line with government guidelines.
- Using the CSSC website to advertise events.
- Set up a group, in our Facebook page, or on Twitter
What amount of time should I expect to dedicate?
This really depends on what you’d like to do- it could be a one-off event you’d like to try, or a weekly club/group activity, or it might be something that you set up, but then people can just take part in whenever they like. The main thing is we’d like you to do something you’d enjoy- and you can give as much or as little time as you like to fit in with your life.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest in cycling and the confidence to share it online
- A can-do attitude
- Good computer skills- and the means and equipment to enable you to volunteer remotely
- Good organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the events are successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities:
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Cycling Volunteers is clearly enthusiasm for inspiring others to get involved! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about cycling and able to use social media.
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to support others- to know that you are contributing to others wellbeing in this very difficult and strange time.
- Opportunity to share your skills and knowledge
- Boost your own wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
Overview CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e., social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways. The Role: CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to...Read more
Be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure! So here’s the deal. We have a Regional Events program that is ok …. But we want it to be awesome! We have some members that take part …. But we want more! We have a dedicated team of volunteer Sports Organisers...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for netball and organising mini competitions? If so, why not be a part of something and volunteer with CSSC Sports & Leisure! CSSC is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers which positively promotes health and wellbeing. ...Read more