CSSC Run & Swim Community Coordinators (Two Roles)
Date first listed: 8th July 2021
CSSC actively seeks two new volunteers to coordinate the Run and Swim communities, and to work within the recently developed Run Walk, Cycle Swim initiative. Providing information to members about all aspects of running and/or swimming, challenges, competitions, offers and initiatives.
The coordinators will assist in the development and delivery of the recently developed CSSC sports and leisure communities.
The role provides the opportunity to influence the future development of the running and swimming communities and will work with other volunteers and CSSC staff involved in the other communities of walking and cycling within CSSC.
The Volunteer Support and Run Walks Cycle Swim project team will be pleased to work with and support the successful applicants. This support will include specific services provided by this Team as well as acting as a conduit to other Head Office departments such as Marketing and Social Media.
So, if you're interested in developing running and/or swimming opportunities for members within CSSC, please read on!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take lead responsibility for the management and development of the running and/or running and swimming communities within CSSC
- Contribute to annual funding and programme recommendations to the Sport & Leisure Committee and other submissions on an ad hoc basis as required
- Be social media aware and utilise various platforms to enhance and develop the communities. With a view that you will have scope and autonomy to use your creativity to increase the number of followers and engagement for running and/or swimming
- Build and maintain the development of running and swimming as an active sport following the success of the virtual events and Strava groups
- Be aware of the various levels at which CSSC members participate in running and /or swimming to ensure that there is a platform for all level of ability and interests.
- Undertake the role in a manner that follows CSSC rules and policies and that provides support and recognition to volunteers in a way that meets organisational expectations.
- You will be working closely with the CSSC Head Office Volunteer Support and Run Walk Cycle Swim project team in the execution of the above.
- Highly motivated and passionate about running and swimming
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and planning skills
- A 'Can do' and 'Will do' attitude
- Enhance your Event and Programme Management skills
- Networking opportunities at various levels within and outside of the CSSC community
- Help increase running and swimming participation and secure its long term future in CSSC
- Put back into the activity some of the enjoyment you may have experienced as a competitor.
- Have responsibility for an important element of CSSC's activity programme
- Where training needs are identified, CSSC will seek to provide you with relevant training to support you in this role and put in place other volunteer support policies as deemed helpful, e.g. the identification of a communities 'buddy'
- As desired, CSSC can provide the successful candidate with evidence of achievement/responsibility for submission in annual work appraisals.
Your time and expenses
It is difficult to quantify the time commitment needed at this stage. CSSC will wish to help limit the time burden as much as possible by facilitating teleconferencing and other measures and this will also, in part, be determined by the way the role is organised by the successful candidate. The majority of this role will be conducted electronically, utilising social media to build and develop the communities.
There will also be opportunities to attend physical events throughout the year as and when restrictions allow events to take place.
However, it is likely that a commitment of 2-5 hours per week will be realistic in terms of being effective in the role(s)
Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed based on CSSC's T&S policy and the approved budget for CSSC Cycling.
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in sports development? Have you a talent or passion for getting people involved in sport? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in helping to support the health and...Read more
Summary At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy and to help us achieve this, Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the...Read more
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to be involved in the wider aspects of sports events management? Have you a talent for 5-a-side Football and organising mini competitions? Are you looking to be part of a team to open up networking possibilities and be involved in creating opportunities to support the health and wellbeing of our members using 5-a-side Football as...Read more