CSSC Membership Development Champion
Date first listed: 11th November 2020
What is the role of a Membership Development Champion?
Membership Development Champions are CSSC’s eyes and ears on the ground in your workplace and at wellbeing and leisure events in your area. Supported and trained by our national Recruitment Team and your local volunteer team leader; your role is to raise the profile of CSSC, sing about the benefits (not literally- unless you want to!) and grow the CSSC community in your area. The more members we have, the more we can offer, so it really is win win for everyone- including you!
Your role may include engaging with wellbeing or HR leads in your area, attending events or open days to promote the benefits of CSSC, or simply enabling CSSC to connect with new members of staff with your local knowledge of offices and workplaces.
Your main aim is to promote membership, support retention and let people in your area know all the great things available for them through CSSC membership, and ensure that CSSC is visible.
How much time will I need to give?
It’s really up to you. We would ideally like you to attend one or two events at different venues in your area each month- but if you’d rather just focus on your workplace that is OK too.
By event we mean any activity that promotes what CSSC does. This could be a stand at a health and wellbeing day, having an information table to show off what CSSC does, holding a lunch and learn session - or just talking to new members of staff virtually- anything like that!
We will send you tailored communications so that you know what is happening near you and where you are operating, and you will have an open dialogue with your sales team rep and your local volunteer team leader- the amount of time you put in is completely up to you.
There’s lots of ways to get more out of CSSC if you fancy it, like getting involved with organising events and activities, or you could find your own ways to promote membership and volunteer opportunities to your colleagues.
What skills do I need?
- You need to be friendly and personable-willing to speak to new people and be a confident public speaker.
- You should be a CSSC member, and be willing to learn, develop and share your knowledge of CSSC and our national and local offers.
- You should be based in an office or similar, or have regular contact with a range of colleagues.
What is in it for me?
- You will receive fantastic ongoing training and support from our National Recruitment Team.
- You will be part of a wonderful team of CSSC volunteers, a fantastic social network and a forward thinking organisation- all here for our members.
- You’ll be coached in sales techniques, how to speak to people, and given opportunities to grow and develop within the role.
- You will gain valuable experience in sales, public speaking and excellent opportunities for personal development.
- The role brings fantastic networking opportunities both within your department and others.
- You’ll be able to travel within your area, attend meetings and meet lots of new people.
- You will be part of a fantastic organisation who strive to improve the wellbeing of you, your colleagues and all of our members.
What support will I receive?
As well as regular communications from our National Recruitment Team, you will have a local Volunteer Team Leader who can support you, and put you in touch with your local area committee who will also be pleased to help.
You will be invited to monthly virtual meetings, meetings in person (when appropriate) and national events-giving you opportunities to learn and network with others at CSSC and within your role.
You will receive training about CSSC’s offers nationally and locally, and techniques in sales and speaking to possible new members.
We will also provide you with access to materials to help you spread the word and be recognised as a CSSC Volunteer!
What is the role of and Workplace Engagement Champion? Workplace Engagement Champions are there to support colleagues in their workplace and local area to get the most out of CSSC. A Workplace Engagement Champions is CSSC’s eyes and ears on the ground, there to promote membership, let people around them know...Read more