Chair Volunteer Opportunity - Farnborough Area
Date first listed: 1st March 2022
About the opportunity
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Farnborough Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area.
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to modernise the role.
Full training and support will be provided, and volunteer hours may vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
In terms of the commitment required, meetings take place regularly month and there is an annual AGM usually held in March.
- To lead the overall day to day management of Farnborough Area Association
- To communicate with fellow officers (Secretary and Treasurer), committee members and to keep Farnborough Area Association members up to date
- To chair Farnborough Area Association meetings, including the AGM
- To liaise with Farnborough Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide back up where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Farnborough Area Association
- Ensure that the association is financially sound, carry out regular checks on the books and bank accounts
- Ensure that the committee are updated on the financial position regularly and be involved with the setting of budgets
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
How much time will I need to give?
- Between 2-4hrs per week depending on the time of year / AA plans.
What support is there for the Area Association Chair?
- You will have support and guidance from your Volunteer Team Leader.
- You will be supported by the other members of the AA committee.
- The Association will reimburse all agreed acceptable out of pocket expenses.
Is this volunteer opportunity open to disabled people?
Yes. CSSC with all its constituent groups fully supports the principles and spirit of equal opportunities and is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and on an equal basis.
Full training can be provided with a great support structure to help you settle in. A basic background in working with Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential. You will also be expected to attend Area meetings and occasional workshops and training as required.
This outline is offered as basic guidance and for adaption to suit local circumstances.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends and contacts and boost your confidence and communication skills
- A specific Role email address will be provided.
For more information about this volunteer role or an informal chat please contact:
Chris Edge on email@example.com or call 07958 966458.
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity boost your CV or support us with administration and give a little back to our CSSC community? Are you a good communicator who is organised and confident with Microsoft Word and Outlook? Farnborough Area Association are looking for a new Secretary. These opportunities don’t come around very...Read more
Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! The Isle of Wight Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially...Read more