Chair | Plymouth Area Association
Date first listed: 27th January 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Plymouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area.
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to modernise the role.
Full training and support will be provided, and volunteer hours may vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
In terms of the commitment required, meetings take place once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in March.
- To lead the overall day to day management of Plymouth Area Association
- To communicate with fellow officers (Secretary and Treasurer), committee members and to keep Plymouth Area Association members up to date
- To chair Plymouth Area Association meetings, including the AGM
- To liaise with Plymouth Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader, Natalie Parry
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide back up where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Plymouth Area Association
- Ensure that the association is financially sound, carry out regular checks on the books and bank accounts
- Ensure that the committee are updated on the financial position regularly and be involved with the setting of budgets
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
If you have any questions regarding this outline or would like more information about volunteering with CSSC please contact the Volunteer Support Advisor for the South West, Natalie Parry Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! Plymouth Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training...Read more