Chair | Mid & West Glamorgan
Date first listed: 27th January 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area.
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to modernise the role.
Full training and support will be provided, and volunteer hours may vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
In terms of the commitment required, meetings take place once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in March.
- To lead the overall day to day management of Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association
- To communicate with fellow officers (Secretary and Treasurer), committee members and to keep Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association members up to date
- To chair Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association meetings, including the AGM
- To liaise with Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader, Jon Bunyan
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide back up where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Mid & West Glamorgan Area Association
- Ensure that the association is financially sound, carry out regular checks on the books and bank accounts
- Ensure that the committee are updated on the financial position regularly and be involved with the setting of budgets
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
Find out more
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email email@example.com with a statement outlining how you think your skills and experience could help the administration of the CSSC Mid & West Glam Team, I look forward to hearing from you.
Overview Are you good with numbers, organised and methodical? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join their team and support the financial management of the Area. For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full...Read more
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! West Wales Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area. This...Read more
Overview We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in West Wales, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing.Elected at: Association Annual General MeetingWho will I report to? Association Chair and...Read more