Chair - Bournemouth Area
Date first listed: 13th August 2021
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Bournemouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to support the growth and development of CSSC in Bournemouth. In terms of the commitment required, the role should take around 1-2 hours per week, with attendance at around 8 meetings per year and an AGM in the spring.
Full training and support will be provided with a full handover.
Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- General management duties associated with leading an Area Association
- To communicate with fellow Officers (Secretary and Treasurer), and committee members, Affiliated Clubs, and keep Bournemouth Area Association members up to date
- To chair Area Association meetings including the AGM
- To liaise with Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide support where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Area Association
- Ensure that the Area Association offers a diverse range of member benefits that are easily accessible to all members
- Oversee governance and adherence to CSSC policies including finance
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team working skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
This is a great chance to develop your leadership skills and support activity in your local community.
For more information about this volunteer role or if you have any questions please contact email@example.com or Tel. 07903 281957
At CSSC, a major part of our vision is to inspire members to explore new and exciting ways to make the most of their leisure time. We are always looking to add to our already fantastic range of offers, and to help us achieve maximum impact across the Region, we...Read more
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Plymouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area. This is...Read more
If you are well organised and good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! Salisbury Area Association are looking for a new Secretary to provide support to the Area...Read more