Certificate of Recognition Panel Member Volunteer Vacancy
Date first listed: 28th September 2021
Are you passionate about CSSC and its Vision and Values, and CSSC volunteers and all that they stand for?
Are you a positive advocate for those that go the extra mile, celebrate participation, engagement and change makers?
We now have a vacancy for a new volunteer to join the Certificate of Recognition Review Panel.
Purpose of the role
To form one of a panel of three CSSC volunteers, who together with the appointed Volunteer Team Leader receive nominations for the CSSC Certificate of Recognition Award. The panel assess the nomination against a set of predefined criteria and make recommendation as to whether the nominated should receive the award.
There is no annual deadline for this award it is continuous assessment all year round.
How much time will I need to give?
The time requirement for the role varies depending on the number of nominations received. However, autumn and spring tend to be busier times due to Regional Conferences and AGM’s taking place offering opportunities for awards to be presented.
Each individual nomination only takes a few minutes to read and assess, the requirement to respond promptly with a decision for nominations is a more important factor for this role to ensure the process flows efficiently.
- Volunteer Team Leader will email out nomination to the panel volunteers
- Panel assess the nomination against the criteria and make an individual decision to approve the award or not and reply to the Volunteer Team Leader who collates responses and any discussion which may derive from this process.
- Generally a majority decision would approve the award with the Volunteer Team Leader holding the overriding decision.
- Panel members should respond promptly with decisions to nominations as sometimes there is specific dates when the award is to be presented and there is a Head Office process to produce the Certificate and send it out for presentation which takes time.
- Panel members must be CSSC Volunteers and hold a Merit Award, be a Turnbull Award (Volunteer of the Year) winner or finalist, or hold a John Whittaker Fellowship Award.
- You should be passionate about CSSC, its Vision and Values, and CSSC volunteers and all that they stand for.
- You should be a positive advocate for those that go the extra mile and celebrate participation, engagement and change makers.
- You must be able to respond to nominations for decision reasonably promptly. Only one nomination is considered at a time to avoid any confusion or overwhelm at key points in the process. At busy times there are often several waiting to be considered so it is important that the flow through the process is maintained.
For an informal discussion or to apply please contact Michelle Chelu the deadline for applicants is midday Friday 15 October.
Overview Become a CSSC volunteer today! CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each Area run by a volunteer team comprising of a Volunteer Coordinator, Administrator and Financial Officer; along with other volunteers who perhaps run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e., social media and website updates,...Read more
At CSSC, our vision is to inspire members to explore new ways to be active and healthy, to help us achieve this, the Eastern Region are looking for a volunteer with great communication and organisation skills who can take the lead, and bring Health & Wellbeing to the forefront. Across the public...Read more
If you are well organised and good communicator, looking to develop your skills within an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you! Weymouth Area Association are looking for a new Secretary to provide support to the...Read more