Cardiff Area Association – Secretary
Date first listed: 31st March 2021
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Cardiff, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing.
Association Annual General Meeting
Who will I report to?
Association Chair and Association Executive Committee
Who will I be responsible to?
The Area Association Committee and the members of your area for delivering a relevant CSSC product.
Current tasks include:
- Arrange and organise meetings, circulate the agenda after liaising with the AA Chairman, ensuring minutes are taken, and that all action points are followed through by the delegated individual.
- Ensure that as the AA Secretary that your contact details are visible and easily found to all those who wish to contact you in order to advise and help members engage in CSSC Cardiff activities accordingly.
- Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken by volunteer team where appropriate.
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a program of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels.
- Keep the Chairman informed of any issues.
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader.
- Ensure that CSSC policy is distributed, understood and carried out.
What skills/traits are desirable for the role?
It is important that you have effective organisational and communicational skills. You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area, you may wish to recruit either an Assistant Secretary or delegate specific areas such as Membership, Web Admin etc. to other individuals.
What support is there for the Area Association Secretary?
You will have support and guidance from your Volunteer Team Leader, the local Cardiff volunteers, and CSSC departments such as volunteer support, marketing etc.
Your time and expenses
Between 3-10 hrs per week depending on the amount of area activity. The Association will reimburse all agreed acceptable out of pocket expenses.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- Build a new network of friends and contacts
- Training opportunities
- Strengthen your CV
- Obtain references for employment reviews
- Boost your confidence and communication skills
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email Jon Bunyan with a statement outlining how you think your skills and experience could help the administration of the CSSC Cardiff Team. I look forward to hearing from you.
Alternatively please call Jon on 07703 124780.
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Cardiff Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of...Read more
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. Mid & West...Read more
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. North Wales Area Association...Read more