Cardiff Area Association – Chair
Date first listed: 31st March 2021
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Cardiff Area Association are looking for a new Chair to lead the overall day to day management of the Area.
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how the Area operates. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and practical application to modernise the role.
Full training and support will be provided, and volunteer hours may vary due to the nature of the role. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
In terms of the commitment required, meetings take place once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in March.
- To lead the overall day to day management of Cardiff Area Association
- To communicate with fellow officers (Secretary and Treasurer), committee members and to keep Cardiff Area Association members up to date
- To Chair Cardiff Area Association meetings, including the AGM
- To liaise with Cardiff Area Association Secretary on the agenda for each meeting
- To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader, Jon Bunyan
- To oversee the duties of the Treasurer and Secretary and to provide back up where necessary
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Cardiff Area
- Ensure that the association is financially sound, carry out regular checks on the books and bank accounts
- Ensure that the committee are updated on the financial position regularly and be involved with the setting of budgets
- Be available for regional and national CSSC conferences which are held annually.
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of management through committees would be useful, though not essential
- An ability to Chair meetings
- Good leadership and team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time-keeping
- An ability to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- IT literate
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email Jon Bunyan with a statement outlining how you think your skills and experience could help the administration of the CSSC Cardiff Volunteer Team. I look forward to hearing from you.
The role of the Social Media & Communications Officer is to be the liaison between the Wales Regional Team and the members, other regional volunteers and other relevant partners with a view to widening awareness of its activity and developments. Current tasks include Raising the profile of the Wales Region and working...Read more
Would you like to get more involved with CSSC? Here’s a fantastic opportunity to gain leadership experience and give a little back to our CSSC community. A chance to show others how to get the most out of their membership and coordinate and lead a successful Area Association. North Wales Area Association...Read more
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation and communication skills to be part of the volunteer team in Cardiff, helping CSSC members to access a diverse range of sport and leisure opportunities designed to boost health and wellbeing. Elected at:Association Annual General Meeting Who will I report to?Association Chair and Association...Read more