Communications Officer - Bournemouth Area
Date first listed: 13th August 2021
Are you, or is someone you know, looking for an opportunity to boost your CV or develop your skills in communication and social media? Have you a talent for keeping people informed, presenting engaging information and supporting others? If you are you looking to be part of a team, opening up networking possibilities by helping to promote exciting initiatives that support our members health and wellbeing then we would love to hear from you!
The Bournemouth Area Association is looking for a Communications Officer (volunteer) to help develop and deliver an effective comms strategy to keep local members informed. You will be the liaison between the brilliant volunteers in our Area and the members, keeping everyone informed of the latest exciting events and offers available.
- Liaising with local volunteers and the Event Coordinator to promote events and activity
- Utilising CSSC volunteer resources including email, Nutickets and affiliate comms service (full training provided)
- Producing information for inclusion in E Newsletters
- Raising the profile of the Bournemouth Area and working collaboratively with Regional partners, Head Office staff and others
- Generating interest and awareness of the range of benefits available to members
- Making sure that Bournemouth information is kept up to date online
- Assisting with promoting activity on Social Media to inform members and enable volunteers to communicate more effectively
This role would suit someone who is well organised; a good planner with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Access to a computer is essential as is experience in Microsoft Office, the internet, emails and some experience of social media platforms such as Facebook is desirable. Training, support and mentoring will be provided. However, we encourage innovation and your own personal flare, working with the Volunteer Team Leader and the Bournemouth Team to develop the ideas and activity required.
The role is likely to take approximately 3/4 hours per week on average. In addition, you will be expected to attend Area meetings, potentially annual Regional Conference or National events of course depending on your availability.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- training opportunities
- build a new network of friends and contacts
- strengthen your CV
- boost your confidence and communication skills
- obtain references for employment reviews
Are you well organised, a good leader and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Bournemouth Area Association are looking for a new Chair to join the team. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference...Read more
At CSSC, a major part of our vision is to inspire members to explore new and exciting ways to make the most of their leisure time. We are always looking to add to our already fantastic range of offers, and to help us achieve maximum impact across the Region, we...Read more
Elected at: Association Annual General Meeting (June) Who will I report to? Association Chairman Association Executive Committee Who will I be responsible to? The Area Association Committee. The members of your area for delivering a relevant CSSC product. Current tasks include: To communicate and liaise with potential and existing members and to act as their main point of contact. Ensure...Read more